We’ve been very busy eating all the holiday snacks and drinking all the holiday drinks at the Chunn home. That's why we're so late in getting this post written. Ha!
One of our favorite holiday snacks is roasted nuts. You name it, we've roasted it. At the top of that list is pecans. First of all, they're local to our southern region and plentiful. They go in all kinds of snacks and deserts in the south.
Y'all get ready to elevate your snack game with our Roasted Sweet Buttery Pecans, featuring the one and only Pickin' N Grillin' Sweet Buttery Pecan Rub. Trust us; it's a flavor explosion that deserves its spotlight.
- 1/2 stick salted butter (no room for margarine nonsense, go all in!)
- 1 tablespoon Pickin' N Grillin' Sweet Buttery Pecan Rub
- 2 1/2 cups pecans (opt for those pretty pecan halves if you can)
- Preheat the Stage (Oven): Set the oven to 325 degrees, creating the perfect environment for your pecan symphony.
- Melting Butter Magic: In a saucepan, melt the half stick of glorious salted butter. No compromises here – it's all about that rich, buttery goodness. Stir in the Pickin' N Grillin' Sweet Buttery Pecan Rub until it surrenders to the deliciousness.
- Pecan Coating Extravaganza: Add the pecans to the buttery blend, tossing them until every nut is enveloped in sweet and savory perfection. This is where the flavor magic begins.
- Solo Performance on the Baking Sheet: Lay the coated pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet, giving each nut its moment in the spotlight.
- Bake to Golden Glory: Pop your pecans into the preheated oven and let them dance in there for 15-18 minutes, or until they transform into a golden spectacle. The aroma? Pure anticipation.
- Cooling Crescendo: Once they've dazzled in the oven, let them cool for 3-5 minutes. Now, you face a crucial decision – jar them for later or follow our lead and savor them straight off the cookie sheet. Trust us; the latter is hard to resist.
- Remember, these pecans are divas. They'll continue to cook after leaving the oven, reaching the peak of crispiness.
Alternate Cooking Method – Smoky Perfection:
Once your ingredients are mixed and pecans are tossed in the mixture, place on a cookie sheet in a single layer. For a smoky twist, while you're smoking your holiday meat entree, place the cookie sheet on the top rack of your smoker. Cook at 250 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until crispy. Now we're talking! Smoky, salty, sweet, buttery crunchiness that is sure to satisfy all your snack desires!
Get ready to enjoy a flavor-packed adventure with Pickin' N Grillin' BBQ – where every bite is a note in the melody of barbecue perfection. Enjoy! 🔥🌰✨